St. William Church was first established as a mission of St. Matthew Church in Cranston. The original church building was erected on land bounded by Harrington, Perry and Majestic Avenues in the Norwood section. This building was dedicated as St. William’s Chapel on April 11, 1926, and in 1933 was made a parish.
Warwick grew, so did the parish. In 1958 six acres of land were purchased for the site of a new church. The new building was completed and dedicated March 20, 1960. The rectory was moved from its original location in 1974. The parish center was constructed two years later.
In 2008 the parish celebrated its 75th anniversary.
Our goal is to create a Catholic Christian community whose lives individually and collectively impact all areas of life by bringing the values of the Gospel to our family, work, social and neighborhood environments.